The London Worker is the London region of the Workers Party of Britain.
Not only do we need to campaign against the bad conditions and lack of prospects for working-class people in Britain today, but we need to work for a completely different type of society — one where people’s needs decide everything.
So many problems face this world: environmental catastrophe, poverty, disease, racism and war. They’ll never be solved while capitalism remains, but they could all be sorted if society was set up for the benefit of the majority rather than the private gain of a few billionaires.
We are small, but we are growing. We welcome anyone who is serious and committed to working for a socialist future.
- An end to imperialist wars and financial domination, starting with withdrawal from Nato.
- Rebuild British industry and abolish the anti-worker ‘rationalisation’ that puts profits ahead of people to provide useful, secure jobs for all in decent conditions, with living wages, paid holidays, sick leave, maternity leave, etc.
- Decent, cheap, secure housing for all.
- High-quality, free pre-school childcare and education, followed by high-quality, free, lifelong education and vocational training.
- Free and comprehensive healthcare with no waiting lists, accompanied by easy access to cheap and nutritious food.
- Public, high quality laundries, crèches and dining facilities that enable women to take part in work and public life without prejudice or physical barriers.
- High-quality, free provision of all necessary support services for the disabled, as well as the elderly. Full state support to enable families to look after their elderly, with nursing homes and sheltered accommodation for those in need of it, so that all workers are able to live full, dignified and meaningful lives.
- Universal access to a cheap or free fully-integrated public transport system and all essential amenities: water, sanitation, heating, electricity, post, telephone, internet.
- Open and easy access to all forms of culture and the media.
- A government that prioritises giving resources to the solving of urgent problems such as the need to live sustainably and protect our natural environment, putting science at the service of the people.
Learn more, get in touch: